• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@HungryChris – we love bleu cheese slaw and haven’t had it in forever – thanks for the reminder.  Perfect with wings!

@CantCookStillTry – I think your pastitsio casserole looks and sounds wonderful and much easier than the regular recipe.  I love the pasta you used, too.  If anyone wants to try a good recipe of the more complicated version, I use the James Beard classic.

@Shelby – you are very brave putting that fish right on the grill.  I avoid grilling fish because I’m sure it would stick.  We found one of those clampy fish grilling things on sale for $6 at Kroger yesterday, so I’m on the lookout for some fish to grill now.  What did you put on the fish before cooking?

Mr. Kim often looks over my shoulder while I’m perusing eG, but I have to say that @liamsaunt's scallops and @Ann_T's bruschetta had him especially mesmerized!

@Norm Matthews – Happy Birthday to Charlie!  That was some celebration!

Mr. Kim had a poker night on Thursday, so I made an old favorite – Stouffer’s cream chipped beef on toast:

DSCN9910.JPG.c093f83c1d3f149eeb95f8b65eb489b4.JPG

Some gorgeous peaches that my in-laws brought us:

DSCN9911.JPG.0b402bceec709b14daa4e4abeafa7973.JPG

Friday night’s dinner was a repeat of goat cheese and naan:

DSCN9915.JPG.3b7b9e964ab4b57f84508a7edc7d2e88.JPG

Corn and tomatoes:

DSCN9916.JPG.63835e8246e1ff5f04ebddd98b773613.JPG

DSCN9914.JPG.3d4963447490d1f1e29350138cad2fca.JPG

And a frozen pizza that was surprisingly good:

DSCN9918.JPG.8358dd67349232b20179bb19f5dd4f14.JPG

It was 5 cheese (asiago, provolone, buffalo mozzarella, edam, and Cheddar) and marmalade (no red sauce) .  From Kroger’s Private Selection house brand.  It was really good and something we’d buy again. 

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@HungryChris – we love bleu cheese slaw and haven’t had it in forever – thanks for the reminder.  Perfect with wings!

@CantCookStillTry – I think your pastitsio casserole looks and sounds wonderful and much easier than the regular recipe.  I love the pasta you used, too.  If anyone wants to try a good recipe of the more complicated version, I use the James Beard classic.

@Shelby – you are very brave putting that fish right on the grill.  I avoid grilling fish because I’m sure it would stick.  We found one of those clampy fish grilling things on sale for $6 at Kroger yesterday, so I’m on the lookout for some fish to grill now.  What did you put on the fish before cooking?

Mr. Kim often looks over my shoulder while I’m perusing eG, but I have to say that @liamsaunt's scallops and @Ann_T's bruschetta had him especially mesmerized!

Norm m – Happy Birthday to Charlie!  That was some celebration!

Mr. Kim had a poker night on Thursday, so I made an old favorite – Stouffer’s cream chipped beef on toast:

Some gorgeous peaches that my in-laws brought us:

Friday night’s dinner was a repeat of goat cheese and naan:

Corn and tomatoes:

And a frozen pizza that was surprisingly good:

It was 5 cheese (asiago, provolone, buffalo mozzarella, edam, and Cheddar) and marmalade.  From Kroger’s Private Selection house brand.  It was really good and something we’d buy again.