• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
weinoo

Existing Conditions

Existing Conditions is the name of the new cocktail bar co-owned by Dave Arnold, Don Lee (@donbert), and Greg Boehm.

Though she had the opening date wrong in yesterday's paper, I'll let Flo Fab take over from here. (I'm hearing May 19th).

Dave Arnold, the avant-garde cocktail master who is in partnership with Don Lee, another drinks innovator, and Greg Boehm, who founded Cocktail Kingdom, which makes and sells barware and books. They will serve some beers and wines, and can stir a proper martini, but that’s beside the point. Their drinks are listed as nonalcoholic (sophisticated, at times sparkling, and priced at $15, the same as the alcoholic selections), carbonated, shaken, stirred straight up or on a big rock. Those in a hurry can buy bottled cocktails from vending machines with a $15 token. 

• Like 1

Cannot wait! I'm going to be in NY next week but sounds like it won't be open yet...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Agggh is it open yet? I'm planning a 1-night trip to NY to hit them up plus the Polynesian when it opens

Edited by Hassouni (log)

Not open yet. And now doesn't appear to be opening until next month.

NYC permits, licenses, inspections, etc. can be a real pain in the ass.

• Like 1

Believe me, as someone going through it in DC, I know what it's like.

Is Polynesian open yet? I see Broken Shaker's NY outpost opened out of the blue.

No, it had been open for quite a while (sometime in 2011), and closed in 2016.

Still waiting on their license, but they'll be previewing some of the stuff on their menu one day this week, via a catering license from Mace (another of one of the co-owner's bars.

• Like 1

I have heard that the license has finally come through.  I expect an opening in the next week or two.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this