• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

to fix link.

11 minutes ago, Smithy said:

@kayb, I think what you describe is what I know as "Chicken Fried Steak".  Has the name changed since my childhood, or is this another regional linguistic difference? I hope you'll show it off.  I detested the stuff when I had to make it at the diner where I worked one summer, and have never eaten it again.  Now I'd like to see it done right.

Same thing, different terminology, I think. I'll have to drag out the big camera and document if I do it Sunday; camera on the new cell phone is NOT very good. ,

There's a photo of the results here, on my blog. I may repeat that exact meal Sunday. Wish I had some fresh tomatoes to slice.

kayb

kayb

Just now, Smithy said:

@kayb, I think what you describe is what I know as "Chicken Fried Steak".  Has the name changed since my childhood, or is this another regional linguistic difference? I hope you'll show it off.  I detested the stuff when I had to make it at the diner where I worked one summer, and have never eaten it again.  Now I'd like to see it done right.

Same thing, different terminology, I think. I'll have to drag out the big camera and document if I do it Sunday; camera on the new cell phone is NOT very good. 

There's a photo of the results here, on my blog. I may repeat that exact meal Sunday. Wish I had some fresh tomatoes to slice.