• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

17 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin

thank you.

if you have an iPot , have you tried pressure-steam , in a basket above the initial cup of water ?

direct from the frig ?

I like the low-pressure for this  , a timed release , then right into cold tap water

but what works , works !

Im guessing HB eggs as you've pic'd are relatively new  compared to FannyFarmer etc.

now new for me might be 20 years , but Im not counting 

When I want an egg like this to plop on top of something, the idea often comes to me at the last minute (like after everything else is ready to go 🙃) so grabbing a pan and getting that inch of water boiling is the quickest means to my end.  

I know everyone loves the IP for hard boiled eggs. I haven't had the best of luck but I should probably give it another try someday.

Edited to add that somewhere or other, someone said they used the IP to cook eggs for egg salad by just cracking the eggs into a bowl and cooking them pot-in-pot.  No peeling necessary, just break it all up.  I do plan to try that one of these days.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

12 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin

thank you.

if you have an iPot , have you tried pressure-steam , in a basket above the initial cup of water ?

direct from the frig ?

I like the low-pressure for this  , a timed release , then right into cold tap water

but what works , works !

Im guessing HB eggs as you've pic'd are relatively new  compared to FannyFarmer etc.

now new for me might be 20 years , but Im not counting 

When I want an egg like this to plop on top of something, the idea often comes to me at the last minute (like after everything else is ready to go 🙃) so grabbing a pan and getting that inch of water boiling is the quickest means to my end.  

I know everyone loves the IP for hard boiled eggs. I haven't had the best of luck but I should probably give it another try someday.