• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

A temporary pause from Okinawan dinners. Today my dinner is in Fez, culinary capital of Morocco. The medina is enthralling, the tiles are gorgeous. The fascination is immediate and intense.

Unfortunate looking food but it's good. Mince is springy and nicely seasoned.

GejvhbO.jpg

Meat is very tender and mild.

qAZhepm.jpg

v61UPHg.jpg

There are so many tiny grilled meat shops in the medina but this little poster caught my attention so I decided to go in to try the lamb. Turned out I made a good choice.

CLOmoQ7.jpg

When I say the shop is tiny... about 2 metres across, one communal table and three benches around it, one florescent lamp, blaring tiny old tv above me. You are given a sheet of paper to eat your bread on it. Kind owners and customers. Man on my right gave me half of his olives. This place allows customers to bring their own store-bought olives and greens. He's a teacher and speaks English. He drank the rest of his chilli sauce. And partner thought only I would do such a thing.

hRLYTcb.jpg

Watching football on tv above me and tending the bbq.

nTH467D.jpg

Her partner's turn.

7qWHfHB.jpg

She was taking a break. Today I learnt how Moroccans eat their kebab. There's no white, garlicky sauce and raw onion rings like how Turks like theirs.

3dBooFH.jpg

She offered me a piece of chicken to try but I was already full. She let me make this photo then wanted to see other photos I made of this meal.  They brought a wide smile to her face.

AB5OGVh.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

A temporary pause from Okinawan dinners. Today my dinner is in Fez, culinary capital of Morocco. The medina is enthralling, the tiles are gorgeous. The fascination is immediate and intense.

Unfortunate looking food but it's good. Mince is springy and nicely seasoned.

GejvhbO.jpg

Meat is very tender and mild.

qAZhepm.jpg

v61UPHg.jpg

There are so many tiny grilled meat shops in the medina but this little poster caught my attention so I decided to go in to try the lamb. Turned out I made a good choice.

CLOmoQ7.jpg

When I say the shop is tiny... about 2 metres across, one communal table and three benches around it, one florescent lamp, blaring tiny old tv above me. You are given a sheet of paper to eat your bread on it. Kind owners and customers. Man on my right gave me half of his olives. This place allows customers to bring their own store-bought olives and greens. He's a teacher and speaks English. He drank the rest of his chilli sauce. And partner thought only I would do such a thing.

hRLYTcb.jpg

Watching football on tv above me and tending to the bbq.

nTH467D.jpg

Her partner's turn.

7qWHfHB.jpg

She was taking a break. Today I learnt how Moroccans eat their kebab. There's no white, garlicky sauce and raw onion rings like how Turks like theirs.

3dBooFH.jpg

She offered me a piece of chicken to try but I was already full. She let me make this photo then wanted to see other photos I made of this meal.  They brought a wide smile to her face.

AB5OGVh.jpg