• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Tonight.

qingjiaoroupian.thumb.jpg.d22df6ea6dab6b0376f022e4446a4ebe.jpg

青椒肉片 (qīng jiāo ròu piàn) - Pork with green chillies. I threw in a small red one too as the green ones are a bit tame for my asbestos mouth. Pork slices marinated in the usual: Shaoxing wine, garlic, ginger, red chilli and potato starch.  Stir fried with the green chillies. Finished with a splash of soy sauce and sesame oil.

Served with rice and wilted spinach.

I don't know what these large green chillies might equate to in American (or any other) terms, if anything. I only know the Chinese name which helpfully means 'green chillies'. They are fairly mild until one day one of them sneaks up and sends your head and mouth cutting around the cosmic.

qingjiao.thumb.jpg.21e521104db7be0fd96de46ccde49958.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Tonight.

青椒肉片 (qīng jiāo ròu piàn) - Pork with green chillies. I threw in a small red one too as he green ones are a bit tame for my asbestos mouth. Pork slices marinated in the usual, Shaoxing wine, garlic, ginger, red chilli and potato starch.  Stir fried with the green chillies. Finished with a splash of soy sauce and sesame oil.

I don't know what these large green chillies might equate to in American (or any other) terms, if anything. I only know the Chinese name which helpfully means 'green chillies'. They are fairly mild until one day, one of them sneaks up and blows your head cutting around the cosmic.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Tonight.

青椒肉片 (qīng jiāo ròu piàn) - Pork with green chillies. I through in a small red one too as teh green ones are a bit tame for my asbestos mouth. Pork slices marinated in the usual, Shaoxing wine, garlic, ginger, red chilli and potato starch.  Stir fried with the green chillies. Finished with a splash of soy sauce and sesame oil.

I don't know what these large green chillies might equate to in American (or any other) terms, if anything. I only know the Chinese name which helpfully means 'green chillies'. They are fairly mild until one day, one of them sneaks up and blows your head cutting around the cosmic.