• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

On 8/29/2018 at 5:05 AM, rotuts said:

@Ann_T

how did you do your pork belly ?

outstanding looking plate !

Thanks @rotuts

I tried to find a recipe that I liked but there were so many variations and techniques that I just  decided to  wing it. 

I presalted the night before. And then let it air dry in the fridge most of the day.  And before roasting I rubbed with fresh garlic, and dried rosemary and black pepper. Slow roasted (300°F) for about 2 1/2 hours, and then turned the heat up to 450°F until the skin was starting to crisp. Placed it under the broiler for the last 10 minutes. Let it rest while the vegetables cooked.

Ann_T

Ann_T

On 8/29/2018 at 5:05 AM, rotuts said:

@Ann_T

how did you do your pork belly ?

outstanding looking plate !

Thanks @rotuts

I tried to find a recipe that I liked but there were so many variations and techniques that I just  decided to  wing it. 

I presalted the night before. And then let it air dry in the fridge most of the day.  And before roasting I rubbed with fresh garlic, and dried rosemary and black pepper. Slow roasted (300°F) for about 2 1/2 hours, and then turned the heat up to 450°F until the skin was starting to crisp. Placed it under the broiler for the last 10 minutes. Let it rest while the vegetables cooked.