• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

It's Friday......... Friday is spicy Malaysia day....

Malaysian food stand head and shoulders above all Asian cuisines.

Although such statement might be subjective, however for my personal taste, I prefer the Malaysian spicing and today we were thrilled again with an explosion of Malay taste and spices.

By the end of the meal, I had to leave the table to take a rather important phone call and took refuge in a corridor far from the diners. As I was busy with my phone call, a door opened to reveal the kitchen and to my pleasant surprise, the Chefs were three Malaysian ladies cooking their heart out. 

No wonder the food had a fantastic taste and presentation. We loved every bit of the place as well as their front/back house teams. By the end of the meal, I asked permission to congratulate the three lady Chefs in their kitchen and it went a blast, they even insisted to take a selfie with me to show it to the owners of the restaurant.

It does wonders when you can find your humility and pay respect to the people cooking for you. They are the stars!

1- Popia

3DcMuP1.jpg

2- Satay Daging

MqmN4Rq.jpg

3- Kangkung Belacan

OhSlAbg.jpg

4- Nasi Lemak Ayam

3TReh0d.jpg

5- Mee Goreng Mamak

P7FIuhI.jpg

Dessert

6- Keria

l6fW560.jpg

7- Seri Muka

dDcgx1Q.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

It's Friday......... Friday is spicy Malaysia day....

Malaysian food stand head and shoulders above all Asian cuisines.

Although such statement might be subjective, however for my personal taste, I prefer the Malaysian spicing and today we were thrilled again with an explosion of Malay taste and spices.

By the end of the meal, I had to leave the table to take a rather important phone call and took refuge in a corridor far from the diners. As I was busy with my phone call, a door opened to reveal the kitchen and to my pleasant surprise, the Chefs were three Malaysian ladies cooking their heart out. 

No wonder the food had a fantastic taste and presentation. We loved every bit of the place as well as their front/back house teams. By the end of the meal, I asked permission to congratulate the three lady Chefs in their kitchen and it went a blast, they even insisted to take a selfie with me to show it to the owners of the restaurant.

It does wonders when you can find your humility and pay respect to the people cooking for you. They are the stars!

1- Popia

3DcMuP1.jpg

2- Satay Daging

MqmN4Rq.jpg

3- Kangkung Belacan

OhSlAbg.jpg

4- Nasi Lemak Ayam

d7GeQ7p.jpg

5- Mee Goreng Mamak

d7GeQ7p.jpg

Dessert

6- Keria