• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

4 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@Dejah That trout looks amazing.  I just saw some really nice, fresh trout at Costco yesterday and wondered about getting some.  If you could share the details of how you prepared yours, I'll hop right back over to Costco and pick some up.

@ElsieD: I sandwiched the fillet with :
Bottom layer :Cilantro, stalks of green onion, slivers of ginger, chili peppers, thin lime slices, Thai lime leaves, and bruised stalks of lemongrass, sprinkle of oil. Season fillet before piling on the greenery.
Top layer - reverse above
Wrapped in foil and cook in oven @375 OR on the BBQ

Here's what it looks like prepped.
                                              5b0d824a1f88e_SteelheadTroutPrep5073.jpg.123c37e58312000b9998ec545c6395a8.jpg

Dejah

Dejah

4 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@Dejah That trout looks amazing.  I just saw some really nice, fresh trout at Costco yesterday and wondered about getting some.  If you could share the details of how you prepared yours, I'll hop right back over to Costco and pick some up.

@ElsieD: I sandwiched the fillet with :
Bottom layer :Cilantro, stalks of green onion, slivers of ginger, chili peppers, thin lime slices, Thai lime leaves, and bruised stalks of lemongrass, sprinkle of oil. Season fillet before piling on the greenery.
Top layer - reverse above
Wrapped in foil and cook in oven @375 OR on the BBQ