• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

After a test run, this time I think I nailed the coda alla vaccinara. Upped the tomato content, and also ran them through a food mill before using. 

Primi for this dinner party was mezze rigatoni all'Amatriciana. Antipasti included anchovies with sweet butter on crostini, grilled artichoke hearts, mixed Italian olives,

prosciutto, nuts. Cheese course after the main. Dessert simple poached anjou pears and whipped cream.

27164685978_0450921e50_z.jpg

Served with crusty bread (bakery bought), and broccoli raab almost cooked to death.  There was some wine drank (missing the bottle of Crémant du Jura).

40327437734_405be19af8_z.jpg

With the leftover broccoli raab, and Hudson River Valley duck sausage gifted to us by a dinner guest...

27164678308_db4e57af0e_z.jpg

Supper the next day was orecchiette with the aforementioned sausage and raab.  Salad on the side of thinly sliced celery, celery leaves and parsley.

weinoo

weinoo

After a test run, this time I think I nailed the coda alla vaccinara. Upped the tomato content, and also ran them through a food mill before using. 

Primi for this dinner party was mezze rigatoni all'Amatriciana. Antipasti included anchovies with sweet butter on crostini, grilled artichoke hearts, mixed Italian olives,

prosciutto, nuts. Cheese course after the main. Dessert simple poached anjou pears and whipped cream.

27164685978_0450921e50_z.jpg

Served with crusty bread (bakery bought), and broccoli raab almost cooked to death.

With the leftover broccoli raab, and Hudson River Valley duck sausage gifted to us by a dinner guest...

27164678308_db4e57af0e_z.jpg

Supper the next day was orecchiette with the aforementioned sausage and raab.  Salad on the side of thinly sliced celery, celery leaves and parsley.