• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Ever get one of those days where, although nothing specifically bad happened, just left you feeling you got nowhere?  Well, I just had one. No one died; no one was hurt; no promises or expectations were broken or dashed. It was just kind of empty and uninspiring.

So I was feeling kind of lost when it came to cooking time. Had a bunch of stuff in the fridge which need using up, so...

rice.thumb.jpg.078257ce0efe77fa292dc2418b4dd595.jpg

Did some spicy beef fried rice with unused sugar snap peas from yesterday. Beef, rice, shiitake mushrooms, leeks, chilli and the peas. No egg. No soy sauce (soy sauce in fried rice? Unheard of!)

Beef fried rice isn't even a thing here. We get egg fried rice and Yangzhou fried rice and that's it. I would bet heavy money I'm the only person in this city of 5 million who has ever cooked it or eaten it.

Anyway, it filled the hole and tomorrow is another day for which I have more gastronautical ideas.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Ever get one of those days where, although nothing specifically bad happened, just left you feeling you got nowhere?  Well, I just had one. No one died; no one was hurt; no promises or expectations were broken or dashed. It was just kind of empty and uninspiring.

So I was feeling kind of lost when it came to cooking time. Had a bunch of stuff in the fridge which need using up, so...

rice.thumb.jpg.078257ce0efe77fa292dc2418b4dd595.jpg

Did some spicy beef fried rice with unused sugar snap peas from yesterday.

Beef fried rice isn't even a thing here. We get egg fried rice and Yangzhou fried rice and that's it. I would bet heavy money I'm the only person in this city of 5 million who has ever cooked it or eaten it.

Anyway, it filled the hole and tomorrow is another day for which I have more gastronautical ideas.