• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

18 hours ago, David Ross said:

How delicious.  I'd love the recipe.  I've been craving that type of noodle dish.  My own attempts haven't been too good because I think I'm not using the right noodles.

@David Ross, I looked at a number of recipes and most were similar with minor differences.  

I went this this one  from The Woks of Life website - Cantonese Soy Sauce Pan-Fried Noodles.  

I toasted some sesame seeds to garnish with, and I adjusted the seasoning slightly, adding more sesame oil and a little more soy sauce. 

And I used more green onion. 

I would definitely make this again.  Sooner rather than later.  Really enjoyed it.   

The fresh noodles are sold in just about every grocery store as @Okanagancook mentioned.  There are a number of brand names.   

5ab5101766be0_ChinesenoodlesMarch22nd2018.thumb.jpg.f3ae00e0afdca11f7e45ff82b68ea5a6.jpg

This is the brand I bought.  

Ann_T

Ann_T

17 hours ago, David Ross said:

How delicious.  I'd love the recipe.  I've been craving that type of noodle dish.  My own attempts haven't been too good because I think I'm not using the right noodles.

@David Ross, I looked at a number of recipes and most were similar with minor differences.  

I went this this one  from The Woks of Life website - Cantonese Soy Sauce Pan-Fried Noodles.  

I toasted some sesame seeds to garnish with, and I adjusted the seasoning slightly, adding more sesame oil and a little more soy sauce.

I would definitely make this again.  Sooner rather than later.  Really enjoyed it.   

The fresh noodles are sold in just about every grocery store as @Okanagancook mentioned.  There are a number of brand names.   

5ab5101766be0_ChinesenoodlesMarch22nd2018.thumb.jpg.f3ae00e0afdca11f7e45ff82b68ea5a6.jpg

This is the brand I bought.