• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

It's the night before King's day ...

Tradionally (at least in the Catalan family of my wife) this means "pa amb tomaquet" (bread rubbed with tomato, olive oil and salt) and "embotits" (assorted cold cuts):

Aged Manchego.

"Butifarra negra" (blood sausage), "butifarra Blanca" (boiled sausage with tongue, skin, intestines), two types of "fuet" (a kind of salami).

"Truita" (potato omelette).

More "butifarra blanca" - quite peppery.

"Pa amb tomaquet".

"Bellota", sliced freshly from a ham.

"Bikinis" (grilled ham & cheese sandwiches) for the kids.

Of course, around 22.30h, one of the kings arrived to distribute presents for the kids. And although I have not been always good in 2017 (:$), I got a little something.

(after that I snug into the guest kitchen, where the bellota was hiding and thanks to my willing and very professional helper I got some extra treats ...)

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

Duvel

Duvel

It's the night before King's day ...

Tradionally (at least in the Catalan family of my wife) this means "pa amb tomaquet" (bread rubbed with tomato, olive oil and salt) and "embotits" (assorted cold cuts):

Aged Manchego.

"Butifarra negra" (blood sausage), "butifarra Blanca" (boiled sausage with tongue, skin, intestines), two types of "fuet" (a kind of salami).

"Truita" (potato omelette).

More "butifarra blanca" - quite peppery.

"Pa amb tomaquet".

"Bellota", sliced freshly from a ham.

"Bikinis" (grilled ham & cheese sandwiches) for the kids.

Of course, around 22.30h, one of the kings arrived to distribute presents for the kids. And although I have not been always good in 2017 (:$), I got a little something.

(after that I snug into the guest kitchen, where the bellows was sliced and thanks to my willing and very professional helper I got some extra treats ...)

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG