• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, Chris Hennes said:

@weinoo, did it have actual whole sprouted grains in it, or had they been ground to flour and then she used that flour? (My rye grains were sprouted and ready to go this morning, so I'm going to do some experimentation this weekend).

The Fresh Loaf  website has some interesting stuff about sprouted grains including drying them and grinding them.   There seems to be much concern about drying them very slowly at a low temperature. Anyway it’s worth read as it always is. 

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, Chris Hennes said:

@weinoo, did it have actual whole sprouted grains in it, or had they been ground to flour and then she used that flour? (My rye grains were sprouted and ready to go this morning, so I'm going to do some experimentation this weekend).

The Fresh Loaf  website has some interesting stuff about sprouted grains including drying them and grinding them.   There seems to be much concern about drying them very slowly and a little temperature. Anyway it’s worth read as it always is.