• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

On 9/7/2017 at 5:22 PM, weinoo said:

I've budgeted for it to be a nightmare.

As I mentioned on September 7th...and here's an update:

Today is the 3-month anniversary of the start of our reno.  Things are moving along slowly, as contractors (and owners) were waiting for a couple of things to arrive from far away (a really cool bathroom shower ceiling light, and the bathroom vanity/sink combo from Duravit). Also, there were at least 10 week days on which our buildings allowed no work to be done because of various holidays - and I think one elevator emergency, which forced work to be cancelled. And no work is allowed on weekends.

The vanity/sink finally arrived 11 weeks after the order was placed - and it was damaged somewhere along the way, so it cannot be accepted for delivery. The vendor has found a very similar unit in Georgia - hopefully, that unit will arrive next week in perfect condition.  It's slightly larger (2" width), but it still fits into the design.

The ceiling light, ordered about 8 weeks ago (from a company called Bega), has not arrived.  We are being told there are production issues, which is probably a polite way to say something is screwed up somewhere along the supply chain. I've ordered a different ceiling light for the shower, which will arrive today, and we're just going to use it, as no one can say when the production issues on the Bega will be solved.

Due to unforeseen circumstances (or just a screw-up in ordering), they ran out of kitchen backsplash tiles, before finishing the kitchen backsplash.  Hopefully, these tiles are in stock and can be picked up today.

The custom cabinet and drawer fronts are in an expedited order status, and we will have them "soon."

Everything that I ordered personally (butcher block for a portion of my counter, stainless shelves, rail system from Rosle, stainless pegboard, etc. etc.) is here and just waiting to be installed.  Memo to self - I'm a better project manager than the project manager who is being paid.

We can move back in once we have a functioning bathroom if all we're waiting for is cab fronts. Still keeping fingers crossed to be done by year-end. 

weinoo

weinoo

Today is the 3-month anniversary of the start of our reno.  Things are moving along slowly, as contractors (and owners) were waiting for a couple of things to arrive from far away (a really cool bathroom shower ceiling light, and the bathroom vanity/sink combo from Duravit). Also, there were at least 10 week days on which our buildings allowed no work to be done because of various holidays - and I think one elevator emergency, which forced work to be cancelled. And no work is allowed on weekends.

The vanity/sink finally arrived 11 weeks after the order was placed - and it was damaged somewhere along the way, so it cannot be accepted for delivery. The vendor has found a very similar unit in Georgia - hopefully, that unit will arrive next week in perfect condition.  It's slightly larger (2" width), but it still fits into the design.

The ceiling light, ordered about 8 weeks ago (from a company called Bega), has not arrived.  We are being told there are production issues, which is probably a polite way to say something is screwed up somewhere along the supply chain. I've ordered a different ceiling light for the shower, which will arrive today, and we're just going to use it, as no one can say when the production issues on the Bega will be solved.

Due to unforeseen circumstances (or just a screw-up in ordering), they ran out of kitchen backsplash tiles, before finishing the kitchen backsplash.  Hopefully, these tiles are in stock and can be picked up today.

The custom cabinet and drawer fronts are in an expedited order status, and we will have them "soon."

Everything that I ordered personally (butcher block for a portion of my counter, stainless shelves, rail system from Rosle, stainless pegboard, etc. etc.) is here and just waiting to be installed.  Memo to shelf - I'm a better project manager than the project manager who is being paid.

We can move back in once we have a functioning bathroom if all we're waiting for is cab fronts. Still keeping fingers crossed to be done by year-end. 

weinoo

weinoo

Everything that I ordered personally (butcher block for a portion of my counter, stainless shelves, rail system from Rosle, stainless pegboard, etc. etc.) is here and just waiting to be installed.  Memo to shelf - I'm a better project manager than the project manager who is being paid.