• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

There is a menu. The silly @%¥₩ woman in charge of taking my order is one of those stupid racists who assume foreigners haven't the intellectual capacity to read Chinese (1) and that letting them do so is the first step to world war three.

I have books, but it's impossible to concentrate when they lay on different tests throughout the day and night.

The room I'm in is far from typical in a Chinese hospital. For various reasons  they have put me in the luxury wing. Mainly for propaganda. I usually resist this, but I'll forgive myself this time.

The nursing staff have been a delight and willing to help with anything. Today one young nurse who was about to take an arterial blood sample warned me that it could be painful. I didn't feel a thing. I felt years of gratitude owing. (I'm  a pain wimp.)

(1) I've had people say that to me more than once.

liuzhou

liuzhou

There is a menu. The silly @%¥₩ woman in charge of taking.my order is one of those stupid racists who assume foreigners haven't the intellectual capacity to.read.Chinese (1) and that letting them do so is the first step to world war three.

I have books, but it's impossible to concentrate when they lay on different tests throughout the day and night.

The room I'm in is far from typical in a Chinese hospital. For various reasons  they have put me in the luxury wing. Mainly for propaganda. I usually resist this, but I'll forgive myself this time.

The nursing staff have been a delight and willing to help with anything. Today one young nurse who was about to take an arterial blood sample warned me that it could be painful. I didn't feel a thing. I felt years of gratitude selling. (I'm  a pain wimp.)

(1) I've had people say that to me more than once.

liuzhou

liuzhou

There is a menu. The silly @%¥₩ woman in charge of taking.my order is one of those stupid racists who assume foreigners haven't the intellectual capacity to.read.Chinese (1) and that letting them do so is the first step to world war three.

The nursing staff have been a delight and willing to help with anything. Today one young nurse who was about to take an arterial blood sample warned me that it could be painful. I didn't feel a thing. I felt years of gratitude selling. (I'm  a pain wimp.)