• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

I had the same experience Kim had during a hospital stay 4 years ago. The food was honestly really good. 

ETA— the food at my local hospital has always been good from what I know. My mom was given a bottle of champagne and offered surf and turf when I was born (1980). 

I volunteered there for a long time and the cafeteria was great then. The options are great to have, and the food is cooked in house. 

The hospital center has a lot of national recognition which my parents have flat out said that’s why they want to stay in their home (they live about 2 miles away). 

This photo, of a husband whose wife was in Morristown Medical Center during Covid went viral, and still gives me chills:

IMG_3050.jpeg

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

I had the same experience Kim had during a hospital stay 4 years ago. The food was honestly really good.