• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I won't be posting any more food from this hospital. I've fired them and the 'caterer' who turned out not to be what was claimed.

All my food is now ordered in from outside and is not therefore 'hospital food.

However, I was contractually obliged to have one last meal from them. Ironically, it turned out to be the best*

IMG_20220914_132108.thumb.jpg.f157c5d314097cde920fae18eb8960e1.jpg

It was beef with mixed vegetables (including egg plant, Chinese celery, cucumber and hot green and red peppers peppers.)  With stir fried greens and rice. Completed by a giant pork jiaozi.

* after screwing up one last time and attempting to serve me yet another dog food hockey puck. This was witnessed by a nurse who told me they have been campaigning for years to have the things banned. She even used the English word, 'inedible', possibly the only English she knows.

All the pics here are low resolution. I will upgrade when or if I ever get out of here. For now, I'm completely bed bound.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I won't be posting any more food from this hospital. I've fired them and the 'caterer' who turned out not to be what was claimed.

However, I was contractually obliged to have one last meal from them. Ironically, it turned out to be the best*

It was beef with egg plant and hot green peppers.  With stir fried greens and rice. Completed by a giant pork jiaozi.

* after screwing up one last time and attempting to serve me yet another dog food hockey puck. This was witnessed by a nurse who told me they have been campaigning for years to have the things banned. She even used the English word, 'inedible', possibly the only English she knows.

All the pics here are low resolution. I will upgrade when or if I ever get out of here. For now, I'm completely bed bound.

liuzhou

liuzhou

It was beef with egg plant and hot green peppers.  With stir fried greens and rice.  completed by a giant pork jiaozi.