• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

I've been making a lot of Spanish or Mexican rice in the Instant Pot lately (not sure which country to choose). 

I use 1 heaping cup of long-grain rice and sauté in a Tbsp or so of oil. Then I add about 1 1/4 cup of chicken stock and 1 generous cup of Pace Chunky Salsa. Cook on high pressure for 5 or 6 minutes. 

This almost always turns out really well. A couple of times I missed the right proportions and got a Burn warning though so I am careful about measuring the chicken stock. 

Sometimes I want a bit more heat, depending on the salsa's heat. I add diced fresh or canned jalapenos before cooking or just before serving. 

It makes a decent-sized batch and I freeze it and then just microwave it to serve. It's so handy when we are having some meals where there is already a lot of chopping and prep and this is such an easy addition. I got the original idea/recipe from an online site but have modified it for my own purposes. I almost always have some in my freezer now. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

I've been making a lot of Spanish or Mexican rice in the Instant Pot lately (not sure which country to choose). 

I use 1 heaping cup of long-grain rice and sauté in a Tbsp or so of oil. Then I add about 1 1/4 cup of chicken stock and 1 generous cup of Pace Chunky Salsa. Cook on high pressure for 5 or 6 minutes. 

This almost always turns out really well. A couple of times I missed the right proportions and got a Burn warning, though so I am careful about measuring the chicken stock. 

Sometimes I want a bit more heat, depending on the salsa's heat. I add diced fresh or canned jalapenos before cooking or just before serving. 

It makes a decent-sized batch and I freeze it and then just microwave it to serve. It's so handy when we are having some meals where there is already a lot of chopping and prep and this is such an easy addition. I got the original idea/recipe from an online site but have modified it for my own purposes. I almost always have some in my freezer now.