• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

Just joined the instant pot crowd. I've been eyeballing but resisting for quite a while. A friend recently wanted to sell her instant pot that had, according to her, only been used 4 or 5 times before she decided she wanted the one with the air fryer instead. $40 for what looks like a brand new instant pot put an end to my resistance. So for my first project, I want to give some short ribs some time in my smoker and finish them in the IP. Anybody willing to walk me through the times and which buttons to push on the IP?

Edit: it may not end up being my first project. Looking at the weather forecast for the next couple weeks, it may still be a bit before the smoker makes an appearance.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

Just joined the instant pot crowd. I've been eyeballing but resisting for quite a while. A friend recently wanted to sell her instant pot that had, according to her, only been used 4 or 5 times before she decided she wanted the one with the air fryer instead. $40 for what looks like a brand new instant pot put an end to my resistance. So for my first project, I want to give some short ribs some time in my smoker and finish them in the IP. Anybody willing to walk me through the times and which buttons to push on the IP?