• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

To add photo of Chicken.

The more I use my Instant Pot, the more I am finding that many times the food cooks a whole lot quicker than the time stated in the recipe. For instance, this morning I used the IP to cook boneless skinless chicken thighs. The recipe I was using as a reference called for breast meat, but also said thighs could be used. My thinking was that thighs would take longer to cook than breasts. However, with a high pressure cook time of 8 to 10 minutes, I decided to go with the shorter time, even though I was cooking thighs. When the pot naturally released after 15 minutes, I practically had to scoop the meat out with a spoon! The thighs were so soft, but delicious, that the tongs were shredding them.

CC6C364F-E392-4F5C-8DE5-A5D7A100D7EE.thumb.jpeg.fc09444523f0b711bebfeee190048ad7.jpeg

robirdstx

robirdstx

The more I use my Instant Pot, the more I am finding that many times the food cooks a whole lot quicker than the time stated in the recipe. For instance, this morning I used the IP to cook boneless skinless chicken thighs. The recipe I was using as a reference called for breast meat, but also said thighs could be used. My thinking was that thighs would take longer to cook than breasts. However, with a high pressure cook time of 8 to 10 minutes, I decided to go with the shorter time, even though I was cooking thighs. When the pot naturally released after 15 minutes, I practically had to scoop the meat out with a spoon! The thighs were so soft, but delicious, that the tongs were shredding them.