• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

quick oats, not oatmeal.

There was no thought pre-Holiday to a dessert due to unplanned circumstances.   Darn.   I had 5-6 small apples, walnuts, a jar of cookie crumbs from an over baked batch, quick oats and condensed milk.   Apple Crisp!

I coated the apple chunks with the condensed milk instead of sugar.  I layered chopped walnuts over those.   I mixed the cookie crumbs, quick oats, and condensed milk for the topping.  I used an 8 inch pyrex pie plate.

I was afraid the condensed milk would have made the filling soupy, it did not at all.

Quite proud of myself using existing pantry items for a quality dessert that will last us a couple days in servings.

lemniscate

lemniscate

There was no thought pre-Holiday to a dessert due to unplanned circumstances.   Darn.   I had 5-6 small apples, walnuts, a jar of cookie crumbs from an over baked batch, oatmeal and condensed milk.   Apple Crisp!

I coated the apple chunks with the condensed milk instead of sugar.  I layered chopped walnuts over those.   I mixed the cookie crumbs, oatmeal, and condensed milk for the topping.  I used an 8 inch pyrex pie plate.

I was afraid the condensed milk would have made the filling soupy, it did not at all.

Quite proud of myself using existing pantry items for a quality dessert that will last us a couple days in servings.