• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Pete Fred

Pete Fred

1 hour ago, oli said:

Do have a favourite recipe?

Wouldn't you know it, @oli, but we've been here before  ...

oli.thumb.jpeg.b0e2a357fca9b2537837ccc2b44886d3.jpeg

I never did make them again, though. Here's the recipe (I swapped in a brioche-style dough).

I must have been on a Sticky Bun quest around that time because a little further up that page are some not too dissimilar Chelsea Buns.

I also found a picture on my computer of these Stella Parks Double-Caramel Sticky Buns from a few months previous...

ParksBuns.thumb.png.c2ebe95ac394c18c4b3ba1215a3e9157.png

I never wrote up the recipe, so I can't have been too impressed. Maybe it's the proofing and cooking of the buns in the sticky glaze (like the Chang buns) that I don't care for. Baking the buns then drowning them in sticky glaze seems to be more my thing.

Pete Fred

Pete Fred

39 minutes ago, oli said:

Do have a favourite recipe?

Wouldn't you know it, oli, but we've been here before  ...

oli.thumb.jpeg.b0e2a357fca9b2537837ccc2b44886d3.jpeg

I never did make them again, though. Here's the recipe (I swapped in a brioche-style dough).

I must have been on a Sticky Bun quest around that time because a little further up that page are some not too dissimilar Chelsea Buns.

I also found a picture on my computer of these Stella Parks Double-Caramel Sticky Buns from a few months previous...

ParksBuns.thumb.png.c2ebe95ac394c18c4b3ba1215a3e9157.png

I never wrote up the recipe, so I can't have been too impressed. Maybe it's the proofing and cooking of the buns in the sticky glaze (like the Chang buns) that I don't care for. Baking the buns then drowning them in sticky glaze seems to be more my thing.