• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

@heidih @Darienne Thank you both :)

The Polish (Poles?) have a thing for sweet pasta, and so my mother used to make them for the sweet-toothed and picky child  I was.

The most common were egg noodles or pasta with white cheese or sour cream, topped with dark brown sugar and cinnamon. I still make it sometimes. Pasta with farmer's cheese and strawberry was another.

And obviously all kinds of baked kugel - with apples and cinnamon, or with cheese. Sometimes the caramel laden Jerusalem kugel that has pepper and ginger, and is baked all night.

One Polish dish I've yet to try is zupa truskawkowa - strawberry soup, often served with pasta. Maybe this year, strawberries are showing up.

shain

shain

@heidih @Darienne Thank you both :)

The Polish have a thing for sweet pasta, and so my mother used to make them for the sweet-toothed and picky child  I was.

The most common were egg noodles or pasta with white cheese or sour cream, topped with dark brown sugar and cinnamon. I still make it sometimes. Pasta with farmer's cheese and strawberry was another.

And obviously all kinds of baked kugel - with apples and cinnamon, or with cheese. Sometimes the caramel laden Jerusalem kugel that has pepper and ginger, and is baked all night.

One Polish dish I've yet to try is zupa truskawkowa - strawberry soup, often served with pasta. Maybe this year, strawberries are showing up.