• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jimb0

jimb0

1 hour ago, GRiker said:

I’ve definitely thought of that, though not tried it yet.  They is a Mexican drink called agua de jamaica which along with hibiscus flowers has cinnamon. I’ve thought an agua de jamaica bon bons would be delicious. It’s on my list. 

Maybe a hibiscus cocoa butter shell and a cinnamon ganache. Or, well, I think we could work some pineapple in there with them, too.

I made a hibiscus creme pat tonight. Pretty good. Managed to curdle the milk at one point (hibiscus is soooo acidic) but vitamixed it smooth again. As you might expect the custard dulled the flavours substantially to the point where I think you'd have to add rather a lot to really get some flavour out of it. 

jimb0

jimb0

59 minutes ago, GRiker said:

I’ve definitely thought of that, though not tried it yet.  They is a Mexican drink called agua de jamaica which along with hibiscus flowers has cinnamon. I’ve thought an agua de jamaica bon bons would be delicious. It’s on my list. 

Maybe a hibiscus cocoa butter shell and a cinnamon ganache. Or, well, I think we could work some pineapple in there with them, too.

I made a hibiscus creme pat tonight. Pretty good. Managed to curdle the milk at one point (hibiscus is soooo acidic) but vitamixed it smooth again.