• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Certainly not as cute as cute as @patris's baby shower cookies or as decadent as @jmacnaughtan's truffles or as gorgeous as @rarerollingobject's cupcakes, this is Olive Oil Shortbread with Rosemary & Chocolate Chunks from Smitten Kitchen Everyday.  

IMG_7256.thumb.jpg.3b5fa94403b88d7f28a04635f3feb2e1.jpg

IMG_7265.thumb.jpg.76307b7fb7d9dbabee7294cf7178edeb.jpg
Last year, when I was in France, I visited L'Espérantine Chocolates in Marseille where they make artisan chocolates with local ingredients: olive oil, almonds and orange. That memory inspired me to play with this recipe by adding the zest of an orange and some chopped, slivered almonds.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Certainly not as cute as cute as @patris's baby shower cookies or as decadent as @jmacnaughtan's truffles or as gorgeous as @rarerollingobject's cupcakes, this is Olive Oil Shortbread with Rosemary & Chocolate Chunks from Smitten Kitchen Everyday.  

IMG_7256.thumb.jpg.3b5fa94403b88d7f28a04635f3feb2e1.jpg

IMG_7265.thumb.jpg.76307b7fb7d9dbabee7294cf7178edeb.jpg
Last year, when I was in France, I visited L'Espérantine Chocolates in Marseille where they make artisan chocolates with local ingredients: olive oil, almonds and orange. That memory inspired me to play with this recipe by adding the zest of an orange and some chopped, slivered almonds.