• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

On 9/2/2017 at 7:03 PM, robirdstx said:

We did not actually lose much due to lack of power to the freezer - mostly some veggies and pot pies that got soggy. We did not lose any of our frozen meats, which were stored in the bottom drawer and packed with ice. Since we were on generator power for five days I did not buy any more meat, instead, using this as an opportunity to see what I could do with what we had on hand.

My freezer is not looking so bare! I made a grocery stop while running errands yesterday and restocked the pot pies, veggies, ice cream, etc. and also added some chicken tenders, a flat iron steak, a couple lbs. of ground chuck, and a pot roast to the meat drawer. Our nearby neighborhood little Walmart had lost power during H. Harvey, so they had to toss all the meat, dairy, frozen products and most of the produce, etc. The store has now been mostly restocked.

IMG_0709.thumb.JPG.4acaee43c0109d6576167e612ba0af0a.JPG

robirdstx

robirdstx

On 9/2/2017 at 7:03 PM, robirdstx said:

We did not actually lose much due to lack of power to the freezer - mostly some veggies and pot pies that got soggy. We did not lose any of our frozen meats, which were stored in the bottom drawer and packed with ice. Since we were on generator power for five days I did not buy any more meat, instead, using this as an opportunity to see what I could do with what we had on hand.

My freezer is not looking so bare! I made a grocery stop while running errands yesterday and restocked the pot pies, veggies, ice cream, etc. and also added some chicken tenders, a flat iron steak, a couple lbs. of ground chuck, and a pot roast to the meat drawer. Our nearby neighborhood little Walmart had lost power during H. Harvey, so had to toss all the meat, dairy, frozen products and most of the produce, etc. The store has now been mostly restocked.

IMG_0709.thumb.JPG.4acaee43c0109d6576167e612ba0af0a.JPG