• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MikanPotatos

MikanPotatos

23 hours ago, Jim D. said:

You have some very interesting flavor combinations in your assortment (I would never have thought of combining pistachio with cassis).  But the corn ganache is especially intriguing.  Are you able/willing to share your recipe?

Pistachio and raspberry has been a pretty popular combination over here in Japan. It was popularized by Pierre Hermes of French fame. I found cassis(blackcurrant) to be a more complex tasting raspberry so it naturally pairs well with pistachio as well.

For the corn ganache, I sauted sweet corn with butter in a pan until they were all caramelized. The goal was to decrease water content and increase smokiness. Then soaked corn flakes in heavy cream similar to how Momofuku milk bar makes their cereal milk. The ganache is then assembled by melting white chocolate with the corn flake infused cream. Then I puree the corn flakes and caramalized corn until smooth as possible, and adding it to the ganache. Extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, salt are added to taste and the entire thing is immersion blended for at least a good 5 minutes. Then homemade caramel is blended in. I think I also added some powdered dehydrated corn.

MikanPotatos

MikanPotatos

22 hours ago, Jim D. said:

You have some very interesting flavor combinations in your assortment (I would never have thought of combining pistachio with cassis).  But the corn ganache is especially intriguing.  Are you able/willing to share your recipe?

Pistachio and raspberry has been a pretty popular combination over here in Japan. It was popularized by Pierre Hermes of French fame. I found cassis(blackcurrant) to be a more complex tasting raspberry so it naturally pairs well with pistachio as well.

For the corn ganache, I sauted sweet corn with butter in a pan until they were all caramelized. The goal was to decrease water content and increase smokiness. Then soaked corn flakes in heavy cream similar to how Momofuku milk bar makes their cereal milk. The ganache is then assembled by melting white chocolate with the corn flake infused cream. Then I puree the corn flakes and caramalized corn until smooth as possible, and adding it to the ganache. Extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, salt are added to taste and the entire thing is immersion blended for at least a good 5 minutes.