• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

I've had the Breville BOV845 (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)  for quite a few years, maybe eight or so, and it's starting to behave badly.  It's still quite useable, but I sense that it's getting close to retirement.

That said, I'm thinking about the larger BOV900 (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) as its replacement. If I've read this thread correctly, @ElsieD and @mgaretz have, or have had, this oven, maybe @gfweb as well.  Has anyone else owned this puppy?

How has this worked out for you over the years?  Now that you've had this oven for some time, has your opinion of it changed?  What have you learned over several years of ownership?  What do you consider it best/worst features or attributes?

Can I really get the 5.5 quart Le Creuset Dutch oven into the thing, perhaps with the lid and knob on? I wouldn't mind removing the knob or using a silicone or other lid, but would like to know what to expect.

Have you tried Chris Young's air fryer fries with the Breville?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw--NLjZBNk

Thanks for any advice on this ...

Shel_B

Shel_B

I've had the Breville BOV845 (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) for quite a few years, maybe eight or so, and it's starting to behave badly.  It's still quite useable, but I sense that it's getting close to retirement.

That said, I'm thinking about the larger BOV900 (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) as its replacement. If I've read this thread correctly, @ElsieD and @mgaretz have, or have had, this oven, maybe @gfweb as well.  Has anyone else owned this puppy?

How has this worked out for you over the years?  Now that you've had this oven for some time, has your opinion of it changed?  What have you learned over several years of ownership?  What do you consider it best/worst features or attributes?

Can I really get the 5.5 quart Le Creuset Dutch oven into the thing, perhaps with the lid and knob on? I wouldn't mind removing the knob or using a silicone or other lid, but would like to know what to expect.

Have you tried Chris Young's air fryer fries with the Breville?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw--NLjZBNk

Thanks for any advice on this ...