• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wafer (AKA cake) ice cream cone recipe

Ess

I'm looking for a wafer cone recipe. I can't seem to find one. All that seems to come up are waffle cone recipes and cakes made in ice cream cones...

Does anyone have a good recipe? 

I just want the batter; I'm not actually trying to make a cone. I'm trying to recreate a Korean snack called White Heim. It's a wafer roll type thing with white chocolate hazelnut filling. I tried a wafer roll/barquillos recipe and it was totally different. Almost tasted like pancake. And was kind of greasy. I think the roll in the snack seemed more like a wafer ice cream cone. So I'm looking to try with that batter instead. 

They definitely look like wafer cones, and are very different from tuiles. A long time ago, I had wanted to do something similar, and in my research, it seemed that the wafer cones are made in an industrial type process - I don't think it's possible to do at home.  Nothing that I've seen comes up with that "styrofoam" type texture....

• Like 1