• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

Epilogue:

As tradition dictates, after the dinner a smaller group went for "second place". We drove about 45 min across Pudong to reach a street where all the hip bars are supposed to be. I am not sure about that, but we found a decent place and after a couple of Old Fashioneds some if us (o.k. mostly me) were hungry again. They had oysters - who can say no to nice fresh oysters and another Old Fashioned?

WP_20161031_21_53_08_Rich.jpgWP_20161031_22_32_43_Rich.jpg

(there was a "third place" as well that involved driving for another hour somewhere in search for a fried chicken place, finally ending up in another bar having some sort of mediocre pizza and a final beer - however, pictures and memories are too blurry to post here).

Duvel

Duvel

Epilogue:

As tradition dictates, after the dinner a smaller group went for "second place". We drove about 45 min across Pudong to reach a street where all the hip bars are supposed to be. I am not sure about that, but we found a decent place and after a couple of Old Fashioneds some if us (o.k. mostly me) were hungry again. They had oysters - who can say no to nice fresh oysters and another Old Fashioned?

WP_20161031_21_53_08_Rich.jpgWP_20161031_22_32_43_Rich.jpg

(there was a "third place" as well that involved driving for another hour somewhere in search for a fried chicken place, finally ending up in another bar having some sort of mediocre pizza and a final beer - however, pictures and memories are to blurry to post here).