• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

The mushrooms (Pioppino) took the most time to be sorted out. Spätburgunder (German pinot noir) from Pfalz, Germany. You probably keep seeing this kind of wine glasses in my photos... this specific style is called Roemer. The most popular and traditional wine glasses used all over Germany. I broke all the green stemmed ones, the most traditional colour for these glasses. (Light reading: a short history of the glasses here.)

yZy3Lyg.jpg

There were also roasted potatoes with whole garlic (finishing up in the oven whilst these photos were being made), reduced sauce, and chervil. But here's the minimalist version:

Dac6JGS.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

On 27/10/2016 at 9:14 PM, Anna N said:

@BonVivant

The duck breasts sound fabulous and I cannot help but admire your presentation skills. 

Thanks! My eyes want something, too. Even if I'm not photographing the food I still make it look nice. Am always working on my food, my photography, and myself. For myself.

BonVivant

BonVivant

The mushrooms (Pioppino) took the most time to be sorted out. Spätburgunder (German pinot noir) from Pfalz, Germany. You probably keep seeing this kind of wine glasses in my photos... this specific style is called Roemer. The most popular and traditional wine glass used all over Germany. I broke all the green stemmed ones, the most traditional colour for these glasses. (Light reading: a short history of the glasses here.)

yZy3Lyg.jpg

There were also roasted potatoes with whole garlic (finishing up in the oven whilst these photos were being made), reduced sauce, and chervil. But here's the minimalist version:

Dac6JGS.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

On 27/10/2016 at 9:14 PM, Anna N said:

@BonVivant

The duck breasts sound fabulous and I cannot help but admire your presentation skills. 

Thanks! My eyes want something, too. Even if I'm not photographing the food I still make it look nice. Am always working on my food, my photography, and myself. For myself.