• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

19 hours ago, Dejah said:

A colleague's hubby brought me a small sample of Ethiopian Berbere Spice blend, and I really enjoyed it, on meat, on vegetables, etc. The sampler was running low, but while at Winners today, I saw they had a new supple of spices, and THERE they were: Ethiopian Berbere, Moroccan Harissa, Roast Garlic, and Toast Sesasme and Ginger Blend! I picked several up.
Tonight, I used the Berbere on pork chops (slathered with mayo and breaded with 0-carb crumbs I made) I also had a package of pork button bones, so I rubbed those with berbere and broiled. Cumin, brown mustard seed cumin rice and peas went well with the spices.Spices0001.jpgBerbere Pork0007.jpg

Thanks for this post.  I went to Home Sense today and picked some up as well and this is what I got.  The one in the middle is Thai green curry powder.

20161022_170240.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

19 hours ago, Dejah said:

A colleague's hubby brought me a small sample of Ethiopian Berbere Spice blend, and I really enjoyed it, on meat, on vegetables, etc. The sampler was running low, but while at Winners today, I saw they had a new supple of spices, and THERE they were: Ethiopian Berbere, Moroccan Harissa, Roast Garlic, and Toast Sesasme and Ginger Blend! I picked several up.
Tonight, I used the Berbere on pork chops (slathered with mayo and breaded with 0-carb crumbs I made) I also had a package of pork button bones, so I rubbed those with berbere and broiled. Cumin, brown mustard seed cumin rice and peas went well with the spices.Spices0001.jpgBerbere Pork0007.jpg

Thanks for this post.  I went to Home Sense today and picked some up as well.  Here's what I got:

20161022_170240.jpg