• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

added quote for clarification

57 minutes ago, Anna N said:

OK.  I have to ask. Who other than Mr. Ward has made a quiche using pre-bought puff pastry?  It is not a criticism and if I could find prerolled puff pastry that would fit into a suitable dish I might be inclined to follow suit but it does seem odd to me.  Perhaps I've been living in a shoe?

I was wondering about that too. In my experience pâte brisée is standard for quiche. That's how I have always seen it or made it... Not saying it doesn't taste delicious too in puff pastry.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

I was wondering about that too. In my experience pâte brisée is standard for quiche. That's how I have always seen it or made it... Not saying it doesn't taste delicious too in puff pastry.