• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Punctuation

This afternoon I bought a smallish turbot. Now, though I've often eaten turbot, until today I'd never cooked one and certainly never filleted one. The supermarket did offer to deal with it, but the Chinese way of doing so ain't my way so I declined.

turbot.jpg

I like to think I did OK, but I know I only did just OK. Could have been a whole lot better.

Cooking the critter went better in terms of taste if not presentation. Seaweed. pickled daikon and home pickled ginger. Served with rice and asparagus. This is only part one. I went back for more.

And I'll try again soon to get it just right.

dinner.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

This afternoon I bought a smallish turbot. Now, though I've often eaten turbot until today I'd never cooked one and certainly never filleted one. The supermarket did offer to deal with it, but the Chinese way of doing so ain't my way so I declined.

turbot.jpg

I like to think I did OK, but I know I only did just OK. Could have been a whole lot better.

Cooking the critter went better in terms of taste if not presentation. Seaweed. pickled daikon and home pickled ginger. Served with rice and asparagus. This is only part one. I went back for more.

And I'll try again soon to get it just right.

dinner.jpg