• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Finally got around to trying the Pressure Cooker Spicy Pork Shoulder that appeared in the NY Times when they ran an Instant Pot article back in January. 

Per the recipe, the pork gets rubbed with a mixture of seasonings and marinated for 1-24 hrs and then seared before pressure cooking.  

This was very flavorful but I'm not sure how much the extra steps added and the leftover pork will be less adaptable for other uses than when I cook it with just garlic and smoked salt. 

That said, I very much like the idea of tossing the cooked pork with pan juices and sauce and broiling to produce nice crispy bits. 

IMG_5186.thumb.jpg.98b2748587f7917acffe5e67c3dc0dae.jpg

This was very flavorful but I'm not sure how much the extra steps added and the leftover pork will be less adaptable for other uses than when I cook it with just garlic and smoked salt. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Finally got around to trying the Pressure Cooker Spicy Pork Shoulder that appeared in the NY Times when they ran an Instant Pot article back in January. 

Per the recipe, the pork gets rubbed with a mixture of seasonings and marinated for 1-24 hrs and then seared before pressure cooking.  

I very much liked the idea of tossing the cooked pork with pan juices and sauce and broiling to produce nice crispy bits. 

IMG_5186.thumb.jpg.98b2748587f7917acffe5e67c3dc0dae.jpg