• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Over on the dinner topic I posted photographs of a crustless quiche. This is a recipe from @JAZ' book "Instant Pot Obsession".

For less than three dollars for the Kindle edition I think this book is well worth a serious look.  It impresses me most for being honest about the time it takes to make something in the Instant Pot.   Unlike many recipes I have seen it includes the time taken for the pot to reach pressure.   So far only one recipe has me scratching my head and that is a recipe for poached eggs which requires bringing 2 quarts of water to a simmer in the Instant Pot. Seems as if it's a bit of a stretch unless one has no other method of poaching eggs. 

I have some chicken thawing out at the moment with the intent of making the Mulligatawny soup from this book. 

it has very few photographs which of course is to keep the price down but if photos are not that important to you this book seems to me to be a bargain. 

edited to add

I have no more connection to @JAZ than the vast majority of society members. No kickback for me.  :P

Anna N

Anna N

Over on the dinner topic I posted photographs of a crustless quiche. This is a recipe from @JAZ' book "Instant Pot Obsession".

For less than three dollars for the Kindle edition I think this book is well worth a serious look.  It impresses me most for being honest about the time it takes to make something in the Instant Pot.   Unlike many recipes I have seen it includes the time taken for the pot to reach pressure.   So far only one recipe has me scratching my head and that is a recipe for poached eggs which requires bringing 2 quarts of water to a simmer in the Instant Pot. Seems as if it's a bit of a stretch unless one has no other method of poaching eggs. 

I have some chicken thawing out at the moment with the intent of making the Mulligatawny soup from this book. 

it has very few photographs which of course it must have to keep the price down but if photos are not that important to you this book seems to me to be a bargain.