• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

On 10/18/2016 at 6:40 PM, robirdstx said:

Okay, I will be giving them a go on Friday. Potatoes and carrots waiting in the wings.

Due to household schedule changes, I moved the cooking up a day to today. I decided to take most of the meat off the neck bones, which gave me almost 16 ounces of stew meat, and I put the bones in the freezer to use another day.

Beef Stew

image.jpeg

I browned the meat in the pot, then added beef broth, sweet vermouth, worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, a bay leaf, black pepper and salt and cooked on Manual at High Pressure for 15 minutes with Natural Release. Added the potatoes, carrots, onion and more broth and cooked on Manual at High Pressure for 7 minutes (will reduce to 6 minutes next time as the potatoes got a little too soft) and Quick Release. Thickened the gravy with xanthum gum, added canned green beans (drained), covered and left on Keep Warm.

robirdstx

robirdstx

On October 18, 2016 at 6:40 PM, robirdstx said:

Okay, I will be giving them a go on Friday. Potatoes and carrots waiting in the wings.

Due to household schedule changes, I moved the cooking up a day to today. I decided to take most of the meat off the neck bones, which gave me almost 16 ounces of stew meat, and I put the bones in the freezer to use another day.

Beef Stew

image.jpeg

I browned the meat in the pot, then added beef broth, sweet vermouth, worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, a bay leaf, black pepper and salt and cooked on Manual at High Pressure for 15 minutes with Natural Release. Added the potatoes, carrots, onion and more broth and cooked on Manual at High Pressure for 7 minutes (will reduce to 6 minutes next time as the potatoes got a little too soft) and Quick Release. Thickened the gravy with xanthum gum, added drained, canned green beans, covered and left on Keep Warm.

robirdstx

robirdstx

On October 18, 2016 at 6:40 PM, robirdstx said:

Beef Stew

image.jpeg

I browned the meat in the pot, then added beef broth, sweet vermouth, worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, a bay leaf, black pepper and salt and cooked on Manual at High Pressure for 15 minutes with Natural Release. Added the potatoes, carrots and onion and cooked on Manual at High Pressure for 7 minutes (will reduce to 6 minutes next time as the potatoes got a little too soft) and Quick Release. Thickened the gravy with xanthum gum, added drained, canned green beans, covered and left on Keep Warm.