• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

No pictures tonight - my daughter is briefly home and we are too busy talking to take pictures. Inspired by the mentions on the gardening thread (and all my zucchini) I looked at the recipe from Sara Moulton  (linked to by blue_dolphin) and decided - ok, I'll do the entire dinner. And I did. The results were mixed. We basically  all looked at each other and said "This doesn't work together." Each element was good but as my daughter said " The zucchini is fighting with the fish." And I agreed. Both preparations were good but both had a sharp element  - spice in the fish and lemon in the squash - that did not complement each other. I would do either one again but not put them on a plate together.  The potatoes were really good.

ElainaA

ElainaA

No pictures tonight - my daughter is briefly home and we are too busy talking to take pictures. Inspired by the mentions on the gardening thread (and all my zucchini) I looked at the recipe from Sara Moulton and decided - ok, I'' do the entire dinner. And I did. The results were mixed. We basically  all looked at each other and said "This doesn't work together." Each element was good but as my daughter said " The zucchini is fighting with the fish." And I agreed. Both preparations were good but both had a sharp element  - spice in the fish and lemon in the squash - that did not complement each other. I would do either one again but not put them on a plate together.  The potatoes were really good.