• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

33 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

What is luscious soy sauce as compared to soy sauce?

It is what happens when the marketing guys try to re-brand ordinary soy sauce and add a load of crap no one needs or wants. I'd argue that it isn't even really soy sauce at all.

I'm somewhat surprised it is listed as being by Li Kum Kee. Their website doesn't mention it as part of their range, that I can see. The only so-called "Luscious Soy Sauce" I am aware of is the Wei Chuan brand.

Ingredients: Water, Soybean (18%), Wheat, Salt, Sugar, Alcohol, Chlorella, Flavour Enhancer (E621, E626, E631).

E621 is MSG, 626 is Guanylic Acid and 631 is Disodium Inosinate. Chlorella is a type of algae.

Happily, I've never come across this so-called "soy sauce" here in China.

I'd stick with the regular stuff.

liuzhou

liuzhou

29 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

It is what happens when the marketing guys try to re-brand ordinary soy sauce and add a load of crap no one needs or wants.

I'm somewhat surprised it is listed as being by Li Kum Kee. Their website doesn't mention it as part of their range, that I can see. The only so-called "Luscious Soy Sauce" I am aware of is the Wei Chuan brand.

Ingredients: Water, Soybean (18%), Wheat, Salt, Sugar, Alcohol, Chlorella, Flavour Enhancer (E621, E626, E631).

E621 is MSG, 626 is Guanylic Acid and 631 is Disodium Inosinate. Chlorella is a type of algae.

Happily, I've never come across this soy sauce here in China.

liuzhou

liuzhou

12 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

It is what happens when the marketing guys try to re-brand ordinary soy sauce.

Happily, I've never come across this soy sauce here in China.