• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

Edited because I can not spell.

Saturday night: Perhaps the fasted dinner I have ever made. Even if you count the time husking the corn and getting the water to a boil it took under 20 minutes. Cooking time: about 8 minutes max. Grilled tuna, snap peas a la @HungryChris  (Thanks! delicious!), and corn. Not local corn yet but acceptable.

DSC01316.jpg

Sunday night. I can't take any credit here - Barney cooked. Mixed garden greens with a dressing of soy sauce, rice vinegar, fresh ginger, chili-garlic sauce and oil, topped with sauteed mushrooms and steak that was brushed with sesame oil and seasoned with s&p and toasted sesame seeds. With a plate of tomatoes, cucumber and red onion with oil & vinegar. Not from my garden yet but local farm stands are bringing in almost local produce from the farms and orchards up on the lake where the season is ahead of us.

DSC01318.jpg

No cooking tonight as we have a reservation at a heuriger on Seneca Lake. (Dano's on Seneca). Dano was born and worked in Vienna until coming here in midlife so it is quite authentic. And a gorgeous setting.

ElainaA

ElainaA

Saturday night: Perhaps the fasted dinner I have ever made. Even if you count the time husking the corn and getting the water to a boil it took under 20 minutes. Cooking time: about 8 minutes max. Grilled tuna, snap peas a la @HungryChris  (Thanks! delicious!), and corn. Not local corn yet but acceptable.

DSC01316.jpg

Sunday night. I can't take any credit here - Barney cooked. Mixed garden greens with a dressing of soy sauce, rice vinegar, fresh ginger, chili-garlic sauce and oil, topped with sauteed mushrooms and steak that was brushed with sesame oil and seasoned with s&p and toasted sesame seeds. With a plate of tomatoes, cucumber and red onion with oil & vinegar. Not from my garden yet but local farm stands are bringing in almost local produce from the farms and orchards up on the lake where the season is ahead of us.

DSC01318.jpg

No cooking tonight as we have a reservation at a heuringer on Seneca Lake. (Dano's on Seneca). Dano was born and worked in Vienna until coming here in midlife so it is quite authentic. And a gorgeous setting.