• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

2 hours ago, Deryn said:

Thanks, Andie. I asked because I read a couple of reviews of that appliance elsewhere and at least one person (who supposedly had bought that model) commented that if you opened the doors, you had to hold the left one open or both would auto-close. That made me wonder (if true) whether that would be a hindrance/problem at all ... since one might have to take out hot items with only a single hand (and that might be even more problem for someone who is left handed). I guess either the reports were false (maybe they never actually opened the doors fully .. who knows) or maybe there was a slight change to the design over time to fix that possible issue. At any rate, I am glad to hear it is no longer the case. I am happy you like the design - I love the idea of full size French door oven and would consider one should my wall oven need replacing. Thanks for your reports/review, etc.

They will close if they are not opened all the way.   People SHOULD READ THE INSTRUCTIONS it states clearly that the doors will close automatically unless opened fully to the "stop" point.  

My old Blodgett oven had the same type doors.  Open fully to stay open and once they were past the half-way point they would close all the way on their own.

Mine looked like this but it was on a base with shelves.  It was gas and I had to have a large gas line installed for it.  I also had the "steam" function add on which took up space in the bottom so it only held 7 trays instead of 10.  I rarely used more than 4 pans at a time, usually only two to allow for the bread to rise.  Ben bakes a lot of cookies so he uses it to full capacity.

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 6.21.19 PM.png

andiesenji

andiesenji

2 hours ago, Deryn said:

Thanks, Andie. I asked because I read a couple of reviews of that appliance elsewhere and at least one person (who supposedly had bought that model) commented that if you opened the doors, you had to hold the left one open or both would auto-close. That made me wonder (if true) whether that would be a hindrance/problem at all ... since one might have to take out hot items with only a single hand (and that might be even more problem for someone who is left handed). I guess either the reports were false (maybe they never actually opened the doors fully .. who knows) or maybe there was a slight change to the design over time to fix that possible issue. At any rate, I am glad to hear it is no longer the case. I am happy you like the design - I love the idea of full size French door oven and would consider one should my wall oven need replacing. Thanks for your reports/review, etc.

They will close if they are not opened all the way.   People SHOULD READ THE INSTRUCTIONS it states clearly that the doors will close automatically unless opened fully to the "stop" point.