• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I forgot to mention that we're on our 2nd microwave since we moved into this house 6 years, 2 months ago! >:(

Odd since we don't use a microwave very much.

SO makes oatmeal in it and I occasionally use it to carefully reheat leftovers or to defrost.

Small GE microwaves — nothing fancy.

On 6/25/2016 at 9:33 PM, andiesenji said:

I decided to get an electric oven and since I did not need the big size, I bought a Cadco 1/2 sheet pan size oven.  It has worked like a champ and can handle everything except huge turkeys.

I think we can get by with a quarter-size model.

I don't bake like I used to (diet restrictions) — years ago I was MUCH more a baker than a cook (LOVED to bake!)

Anyway, I've had the Wisco-620 and the Cadco OV-003 on my Amazon wishlist for a couple years.

It appears that the Cadco is likely the best choice, higher maximum temperature, 2 year warranty instead of 1 year, etc.

Largest things I'd be baking are a relatively small ham or half a 10 lb. turkey.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I forgot to mention that we're on our 2nd microwave since we moved into this house 6 years, 2 months ago! >:(

SO makes oatmeal in it and I occasionally use it to carefully reheat leftovers or to defrost.

I decided to get an electric oven and since I did not need the big size, I bought a Cadco 1/2 sheet pan size oven.  It has worked like a champ and can handle everything except huge turkeys.

I don't bake like I used to (diet restrictions) — years ago I was MUCH more a baker than a cook (LOVED to bake!)

Anyway, I've had the Wisco-620 and the Cadco OV-003 on my Amazon wishlist for a couple years.

It appears that the Cadco is likely the best choice, higher maximum temperature, 2 year warranty instead of 1 year, etc.

Largest things I'd be baking are a relatively small ham or half a 10 to 12 lb. turkey.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Largest things I'd be baking are a relatively small ham or a 10 to 12 lb. spatchcocked or split turkey.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I don't bake like I used to (diet restrictions) — years ago I was MUCH more of a baker than a cook (LOVED to bake!)

Largest things I'd be baking are a relatively small ham or a 10 to 12 lb. spatchcocked or split turkey.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Odd since we don't use a microwave very much. SO makes oatmeal in it and I occasionally use it to carefully reheat leftovers or to defrost.

I don't bake like I used to (diet restrictions) — years ago I was MUCH more of a baker than a cook (LOVED to bake!)

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I forgot to mention that were're on our 2nd microwave since we moved into this house 6 years, 2 months ago! >:(

Odd since we don't use a microwave very much. SO makes oatmeal in it and I occasionally use it to carefully reheat leftovers or to defrost.

I don't bake like I used to (due to diet restrictions) — years ago I was MUCH more of a baker than a cook (LOVED to bake!)