• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Shortly after I bought this house — the third week of April, 2010 — I bought a brand new GE range and refrigerator from Home Depot (ordered April 25th, installed  within a week.)

Had several problems with the fridge, both major and minor, before it finally died completely last August. I then bought a new fridge from Lowes.

The GE range is still going, but has some issues. About 3 years ago, rust started developing rust on the bottom of the oven door, that's gotten progressively worse. All markings wore of of the oven knob — I REFUSE to pay $35 for a replacement!

Worst of all, the oven floor has started to burn through in spots!!!! GRRRrrrrr!!! >:(

I don't think I'll buy another range. 

I cook for just myself 99% of the time and when I use burners, 90% of the time it's just one. So I may just buy a 'good' induction burner.

Not yet sure what I'll do for an oven...maybe just a small counter-top convection oven.

On June 11th, 2014 I ordered a Frigidaire 12,000 BTU air conditioner. 

I installed it after it arrived about a week later.

It died last week, just about 2 years to the day after it was first installed! GRRRRrrrrr!!!! >:(

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Shortly after I bought this house — the third week of April, 2010 — I bought a brand new GE range and refrigerator from Home Depot (ordered April 25th, installed  within a week.)

Had several problems with the fridge, both major and minor, before it finally died completely last August. I then bought a new fridge from Lowes.

The GE range is still going, but has some issues. About 3 years ago, rust started developing on the bottom of the oven door, that's gotten progressively worse. All markings wore of of the oven knob — I REFUSE to pay $35 for a replacement!

Worst of all, the oven floor has started to burn through in spots!!!! GRRRrrrrr!!! >:(

I cook for just myself 99% of the time and when I use burners, 90% of the time it's just one. So I may just buy a 'good' induction burner.

Not yet sure what I'll do for an oven...maybe just a small counter-top convection oven.

It died last week, just about 2 years to the day after it was first installed! GRRRRrrrrr!!!! >:(

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Had several problems with the fridge, both major and minor, before in finally died completely last August. I then bought a new fridge from Lowes.

The GE range is still going, but has some issues. About 3 years ago, rust started developing on the bottom of the oven door, that's gotten progressively worse. All markings wore of of the oven knob — I REFUSE to pay $35 for a replacement!

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Had several problems with the fridge, both major and minor, before in finally died completely last August. I then bought a new fridge from Lowes.

On June 11th, 2014 I bought a Frigidaire 12,000 BTU air conditioner.