• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

I tried 3 new things to day: fermented shark, smoked puffin breast and guillemot breasts. For lunch I just had dried haddock and dried wolffish, plus 2 beers. Got it at the weekend market here in Reykjavik.

uCJstOk.jpg

juyb31N.jpg

It's not that bad. You get a hit of ammonia, yes, but that's why it's always eaten with copious amounts of spirit to overpower the ammonia.

kLYYib5.jpg

The portion sold at supermarket is much bigger than at the flea market I went to today

taXbzJw.jpg

Gratuitous photos of Reykjavik today

DRIlEKx.jpg

And from yesterday's day trip to see the waterfalls, geysers and location of tectonic plates.

hOr19kl.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

I tried 3 new things to day: fermented shark, smoked puffin breast and guillemot breasts. For lunch I just had dried haddock and dried wolffish, plus 2 beers. Got it at the weekend market here in Reykjavik.

uCJstOk.jpg

juyb31N.jpg

Gratuitous photos of Reykjavik today

DRIlEKx.jpg

And from yesterday's day trip to see the waterfalls, geysers and location of tectonic plates.

hOr19kl.jpg