• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

If you know me, you can look at any menu that has fresh truffles, and know what I am going to order. Truffles are one of the few exotic things,

that I have had described to me countless times before I ever tried them and  I was never sure I would like them. Trust me, once they are carried

out, steaming hot, placed in front of you, or anywhere near you, the aroma will TELL YOU that you are going to love them before you even try

them and that you are changed for life in that respect.  La Castellana came through in spades today!

.http://www.ristorante-lacastellana.it/en/

My pictures do not do it justice and so blown away was I, about the bruschetta and then the truffle and porcini stuffed ravioli in cream sauce

with a zillion shaved truffles, that I put down my camera and never took pics of Debs great spinach, ricotta and lemon tortelli in gorgonzola

sauce, which has, thankfully, so far, escaped her attention. 

This bruschetta was a thing of art and beauty with the best of Tuscan bread, olive oil, whole basil leaves that had succumbed to the mixture with a dedication to duty.

Any would be restaurateur should go there and have that bruschetta, because it holds the key to success. Give me 2 of those with a glass of good

wine and I swear, I will be back repeatedly, if I have to walk!

My truffle dish was the best I have ever had, period. Looking around, we were not alone. Everyone seemed to love what they got. How often do you see that?

HC

P9130092.JPGP9130093.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

If you know me, you can look at any menu that has fresh truffles, and know what I am going to order. Truffles are one of the few exotic things,

that I have had described to me countless times before I ever tried them and  I was never sure I would like them. Trust me, once they are carried

out, steaming hot, placed in front of you, or anywhere near you, the aroma will TELL YOU that you are going to love them before you even try

them and that you are changed for life in that respect.  La Castellana came through in spades today!

My pictures do not do it justice and so blown away was I, about the bruschetta and then the truffle and porcini stuffed ravioli in cheese sauce

with a zillion shaved truffles, that I put down my camera and never took pics of Debs great spinach, ricotta and lemon tortelli in gorgonzola

This bruschetta was a thing of art and beauty with the best of Tuscan bread, olive oil, whole basil leaves that had succumbed to the mixture with a dedication to duty.

Any would be restaurateur should go there and have that bruschetta, because it holds the key to success. Give me 2 of those with a glass of good

My truffle dish was the best I have ever had, period. Looking around, we were not alone. Everyone seemed to love what they got. How often do you see that?

HC

P9130092.JPGP9130093.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

My pictures do not do it justice and so blown away was I, about the bruschetta and then the truffle and porcini stuffed ravioli in cheese sauce

with a zillion shaved truffles, that I put down my camera and never took pics of Debs great spinach, ricotta and lemon stuffed ravioli in gorgonzola

This bruschetta was a thing of art and beauty with the best of Tuscan bread, olive oil, whole basil leaves that had succumbed to the mixture with dedication to duty.

HC

P9130092.JPGP9130093.JPG