• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

Lazy late launch. I'd wouldn't usually share it if not for some interesting anecdotes.

20160705_210235.jpg

Hummus that I bought about a week ago and froze.Leftover ratatouille, a little toasted bread and some not-pictured pita bread which I charred over gas flame. Some, cumin, zchug and some sriracha.

So what Iv'e learned:

-  Ratatouille with hummus is quite nice. I quite enjoy both shakshuka (which is tomato based) and roasted eggplants when served along hummus, so it make sense that ratatouille will work as well.

-  Hummus with sriracha is also quite nice.

-  Eating almost a teaspoon worth of ground cumin is not fun (I should look better what stuck to my spoon before putting it in my mouth... :/)

-  The last thing is known to me already, but some may find it interesting, and this is that you can freeze hummus quite well. The crucial thing is to re-warm it very gently and not over-heat it. A bain-marie works best, but a few short microwave zaps works to if you make sure to stir it well.

And @blue_dolphin & @liamsaunt, those sandwiches looks gorgeous!

shain

shain

Lazy late launch. I'd wouldn't usually share it if not for some interesting anecdotes.

20160705_210235.jpg

Hummus that I bought about a week ago and froze.Leftover ratatouille, a little toasted bread and some not-pictured pita bread which I charred over gas flame. Some, cumin, zchug and some sriracha.

So what Iv'e learned:

-  Ratatouille with hummus is quite nice. I quite enjoy both shakshuka (which is tomato based) and roasted eggplants when served along hummus, so it make sense that ratatouille will work as well.

-  Hummus with sriracha is also quite nice.

-  Eating almost a teaspoon worth of ground cumin is not fun (I should look better what stuck to my spoon before putting it in my mouth... :/)

-  The last thing is known to me already, but some may find it interesting, and this is that you can freeze hummus quite well. The crucial thing is to re-warm it very gently and not over-heat it. A bain-marie works best, but a few short microwave zaps works to if you make sure to stir it well.