• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is a twist on something I prepare often and have posted before.

Cubed pork tenderloin marinated for several hours with garlic, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, coriander seeds and chilli. Except I didn't have any lemons and there is a monsoon outside so I subbed lime, which I did have. Then fried.

I think i prefer it with lime.

pork.jpg

Accompanied by a simple red onion and tomato salad dressed with lime instead of lemon and balcony mint instead of basil which hasn't germinated this spring :(.

salad.jpg

Even the rice was a substitute. I went yesterday to buy my usual rice of choice - Thai Hom Mali rice from this company, Ko-Ko. But they only had 10kg sacks. My days of lugging home 10 kg sacks are over, but the only 5 kg sacks they had were this Cambodian Jasmine Rice, so I decided to give it a try. I doubt I could tell the difference in a blind tasting. And it was cheaper.

cambodian rice.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is a twist on something I prepare often and have posted before.

Cubed pork tenderloin marinated for several hours with garlic, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, coriander seeds and chilli. Except I didn't have any lemons and there is a monsoon outside so I subbed lime, which I did have. Then fried.

I think i prefer it with lime.

pork.jpg

Accompanied by a simple red onion and tomato salad dressed with lime instead of lemon and balcony mint instead of basil which hasn't germinated this spring :(.

salad.jpg