• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Ive finally got around to doing rice in the IP

95 here outside, 89 inside

using 'Hip' as a guide :

pp.  137 :

perfect long grain rice :  

1 1/2 LGWRice  3 cups water   1/s tsp salt  1 Ts butter or oil

HP  4 min   10 minute  release

N.B.:  perfect Basmati

rinse several times until water clear   ( i use Tilda , the only rice I have that's not here nor there )

soak rice 15 min in fresh water, drain

1 1/4 C water in the IP, then as PLGR above

2 minutes , 10 minute release  HP

o.O

Ive done rice in my Fuzzy for ever.  55 min  I do rinse, but I don't soak..   all the books say soak  all my Indian friends soak

'Hip"  suggests this  maximized longer basmati rice

Indian rest here and perhaps N. or the Boarder have Long Basmati , indeed our LuchLady friends have commented 0n this discrepancey

'Hip' :  " when prepared traditionally Indian rice needs both a good rinse and a short 10 - 15 minute soak

( then draining ) to help the grains stretch out into amazingly long kernels "

pp 138

please not the times

here it is :

IP rice.jpg

I do have a digital micrometer and might have measured the grain you see at 11: 30 at the top

soooo hot here, having no ref re the same rice w/o a soak

Ill leave that to the LunchLadies north of the boarder.   maybe it will get cooler there sooner than here.

the rice was fully cooked but too wet for me.  understanding that Illl just use 1 cup water and a rounded cup of tilda next time will

for sure fix that.  so i let if on warm for a while, stirred  then on the place here :

IPrice plate.jpg

left it there for 10 - 15 as well it's never going to be cooker than 85 !

better 

at the TJ's thread I finally and this :

very nice for the temp outside and inside.

as ive said   HomeMade SV CkBr is much better as Ive added thai.indian to the bag and chilled and Fz

I d guess MC  ( The Cat ) is pleased I didn't go out for take out and melt on the HighWay

Rice in the IP from now on for me, with a personal adjustment of the water amount to suite me

rotuts

rotuts

Ive finally got around to doing rice in the IP

95 here outside, 89 inside

using 'Hip' as a guide :

pp.  137 :

perfect long grain rice :  

1 1/2 LGWRice  3 cups water   1/s tsp salt  1 Ts butter or oil

HP  4 min   10 minute  release

N.B.:  perfect Basmati

rinse several times until water clear   ( i use Tilda , the only rice I have that's not here nor there )

soak rice 15 min in fresh water, drain

1 1/4 C water in the IP, then as PLGR above

2 minutes , 10 minute release  HP

o.O

Ive done rice in my Fuzzy for ever.  55 min  I do rinse, but I don't soak..   all the books say soak  all my Indian friends soak

'Hip"  suggests this  maximized longer basmati rice

Indian rest here and perhaps N. or the Boarder have Long Basmati , indeed our LuchLady friends have commented 0n this discrepancey

'Hip' :  " when prepared traditionally Indian rice needs both a good rinse and a short 10 - 15 minute soak

( then draining ) to help the grains stretch out into amazingly long kernels "

pp 138

please not the times

here it is :

IP rice.jpg

I do have a digital micrometer and might have measured the grain you see at 11: 30 at the top

soooo hot here, having no ref re the same rice w/o a soak

Ill leave that to the LunchLadies north of the boarder.   maybe it will get cooler there sooner than here.

the rice was fully cooked but too wet for me.  understanding that Illl just use 1 cup water and a rounded cup of tilda next time will

for sure fix that.  so i let if on warm for a while, stirred  then on the place here :

IPrice plate.jpg

left it there for 10 - 15 as well it's never going to be cooker than 85 !

better 

at the TJ's thread I finally and this :

very nice for the temp outside and inside.

as ive said   HomeMade SV CkBr is much better as Ive added thai.indian to the bag and chilled and Fz

I d guess MC  ( The Cat ) is pleased I didn't go out for take out and melt on the HighWay

Rice in the IP from now on for me, with a personal adjustment of the water amount to suite me

Here is MC

' Overjoyed ' Im home :

note the Olympic Left Hook