• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Its between Lunch and Dinner so Im posting here.  no real reason.

I had a slight disappointment with the CSB for my last CSB Turkey Breast  ( skinless, tendon less ) w bacon on the top.   300 steam-bake for 30 min

ended up at 160 thermapen'd which is not the usual 140 Ive been accustomed to by this method.  If you follow SV  160 has expressed some Jus so it can be a bit dry.

this is of course my fault not the CSB';s   that's my story .

What to do with the 1 1/2 TB's I still have ?   there are standard here after all !

French Dip came up recently here, something I learned about over a summer I worked at a large cafeteria where I grew up

Lightning Flashed  ( some where  I think )  :  what about a Turkey  BLT  Dip ?

I sliced the Turkey thin, the bacon was not fresh and sizing and crispy, but from the top of the Turks.  sliced the tomato, some Window Green onion tops, and

some cucumbers said to be 1/2 sour from batempke.  they are cucumbers :

mise :

TBLT mise.jpg

toasted the sour dough bread.  mayo etc

made the Dip ( home assisted starting with Minors low salt turkey base, frozen ) plenty of Bell's etc to make it my own

TurkDip.jpg

I must say it worked out much better than I thought!  in spite of no 1/2 sours.   Cirispy bread   etc   turkey much better thin  nice dip

a winner for me !

Sadly, no ultra crispy Tot's were made as I didn't have any.

rotuts

rotuts

Its between Lunch and Dinner so Im posting here.  no real reason.

I had a slight disappointment with the CSB for my last CSB Turkey Breast  ( skinless, tendon less ) w bacon on the top.   300 steam-bake for 30 min

ended up at 160 thermapen'd which is not the usual 140 Ive been accustomed to by this method.  If you follow SV  160 has expressed some Jus so it can be a bit dry.

this is of course my fault not the CSB';s   that's my story .

What to do with the 1 1/2 TB's I still have ?   there are standard here after all !

French Dip came up recently here, something I learned about over a summer I worked at a large cafeteria where I grew up

Lightning Flashed  ( some where  I think )  :  what about a Turkey  BLT  Dip ?

I sliced the Turkey thin, the bacon was not fresh and sizing and crispy, but from the top of the Turks.  sliced the tomato, some Window Green onion tops, and

some cucumbers said to be 1/2 sour from batempke.  they are cucumbers :

mise :

TBLT mise.jpg

toasted the sour dough bread.  mayo etc

made the Dip ( home assisted starting with Minors low salt turkey base, frozen ) plenty of Bell's etc to make it my own

TurkDip.jpg

I must say it worked out much better than I thought!  inspire of no 1/2 sours.   Cirispy bread   etc   turkey much better thin  nice dip

a winner for me !

Sadly, no ultra Tot's were made as I didn't have any.